Redkey is located southwest of Portland at the crossroads of Highways 1 and 67. It has about 1,400 residents. The Josiah Wade family was the first to settle here in 1836. Until Harrison Wade, son of Josiah, platted the little village of Mt. Vernon in 1854, the settlement was known as the Wade settlement. In 1856 Rev. James Redkey had his land next to Mt. Vernon platted. That plat was called Redkey. When application was made for a government post office there was already a Mt. Vernon so the name Redkey was officially adopted. Redkey was incorporated in 1883. Enjoy the historic building and visit the Key Palace Theatre to hear live blues entertainment.